The call for applications to APPD Leadership Empowerment for Advancing Pediatric Education Specialists (APPD LEAPES) for Cohort 3 is now closed.
The Association of Pediatric Program Directors serves pediatric programs by leading the advancement of education to ensure the health and well-being of children. Pediatric Graduate Medical Education Specialists (coordinators, managers, and other program administrators) are an integral part of the pediatric program leadership team. LEAPES is designed to enhance the knowledge, skills, and networking for Pediatric Graduate Medical Education Specialists who wish to gain expertise needed to successfully guide the success of graduate medical education programs and advance their GME careers.
What is LEAPES?
This 9-month advanced, longitudinal and hybrid, course provides outstanding training for administrators aspiring to develop the knowledge and skills needed to become leaders in medical education.
- 3 educational conferences with over 32 hours of educational content
- A curriculum focusing on leadership, educational scholarship, career development, program management, and program development
- A nationally recognized council and subject matter experts with significant teaching and professional experience in program leadership and medical education
- Peer group activities and support
- A mentored workshop abstract, presentation, and educational project for the home institution
- Certificate given at the completion of all program-required elements
Prerequisites for Application
- Minimum of 3 years graduate medical education experience. Must not be within first year managing a new program.
- Member of the APPD
- Commitment of Department for funding for travel to three meetings and cost of tuition ($5,500).
Cohort 2 Curriculum
APPD LEAPES Council
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Providence, RI 02903
Seattle, WA 98117
McLean, VA 22101