October 14 -
October 16, 2020
Join us for APPD's First Virtual Fall Meeting, 11am-4pm ET each day
Wednesday, October 14
Thursday, October 15
Friday, October 16
For the health and safety of all attendees and due to COVOD -19 pandemic, the APPD 2020 Fall Meeting will be Virtual. However, it promises to have the robust content, education and networking APPD members have come to expect.
After attending this Fall Meeting you should be able to:
- Discuss how to cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion in your program.
- The APPD’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization includes educating ourselves and our members to be anti-racist. Participants will engage in didactic and interactive sessions aimed at building the knowledge and skills to cultivate an inclusive and supportive learning environment in their training programs.
- Lead interactive educational sessions and a dynamic virtual recruitment season in your program.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the medical community to utilize technology and virtual platforms for patient care, educational conferences, and recruitment of new trainees. Programs are rapidly learning and adapting to these new systems. We will offer didactic and interactive sessions promoting innovative educational strategies in a virtual learning environment.
- Explain how to administer and lead a pediatric graduate medical education program.
- Administration of graduate medical education (GME) programs requires an array of skills beyond those taught in medical training. Participants will learn from experienced GME leaders and develop their knowledge and skills in order to optimize their accreditation procedures, efficiently manage their academic calendar, and effectively lead their team.
Who Should Attend?
Bring the whole team, including program directors, fellowship directors, associate program directors, coordinators, chief residents, and other educational leaders
|Wednesday, October 14, 2020||Credit Hours|
|11:00-11:15am||Welcome & Introductory Remarks|
|11:15am-1:30pm||Program Organization 101: Basics of Day-to-Day Program Leadership||2.25|
|Learning Community Breakouts||2.25|
|3:30-4:00pm||Updates from ACGME||0.5|
Thursday, October 15, 2020
|11:00am-12:00pm||Welcome, APPD Updates, ABP Updates||1.0|
|12:15-2:30pm||Hot Topic – What’s that, DEAR? Approaches and techniques to address microaggressions and white fragility in the workplace||2.25|
|2:50-4:00pm||Keynote - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion||1.0|
Friday, October 16, 2020
|11:00-11:30am||Welcome, Supporting IMG Residents, LEARN||1.0|
|11:40am-1:00pm||Section Specific Programming|
|Associate Program Directors' Session||1.25|
|Coordinators' Session (Categorical and Fellowship)||1.25|
|Fellowship Program Directors' Session||1.25|
|Categorical Program Directors’ Session||1.25|
|1:15-2:15pm||Hot Topic – Optimizing Virtual Recruitment in the Year of COVID||1.0|
|2:30-3:50pm||Hot Topic – Innovative Educational Strategies to Optimize Your Distanced Learning Environment||1.25|
William McDade, MD, PhD
Keynote Speaker Address on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
William A. McDade, MD, PhD is the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, leading the ACGME’s internal and external diversity and inclusion activities. He focuses on national initiatives to diversify and include underrepresented groups throughout the medical education continuum with the goal of providing physicians with the knowledge and skills required to serve the American public in humanistic environments where clinician and patient well-being is promoted.
Registration Fees: $250 per person before October 6; $300 per person after October 6. We hope that any APPD member who wishes to attend the meeting will be able to do so. Understanding the financial stress incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering financial hardship scholarships for APPD members who would like to attend the meeting but are prohibited by financial constraints.
We look forward to a fantastic meeting!
CME & MOC Credits available
12.5 CME and MOC 2 Credit available
Next Year's Meeting Dates
APPD 2021 Annual Fall Meeting
September 30 - October 1, 2021