The Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore has an unexpected opening for a first-year fellow position starting July 2023
The Pediatric Rheumatology fellowship at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM) and Albert Einstein College of Medicine is a three-year program with the goal of training physicians to become academic leaders in pediatric rheumatology. We are fortunate to serve a racially and economically diverse community in the Bronx/Westchester, providing trainees with exposure to a wide range of rheumatologic diseases, varying medical complexities and an understanding of the psychosocial and economic impact on physical illness.
The mission of our program is to provide optimal health care to children with pediatric rheumatic disease through:
- Specialized, state-of-the-art patient care services.
- Exceptional and comprehensive training to future pediatric rheumatologists.
- Meaningful scientific investigations that contribute to the advancement of the field.
- Quality improvement efforts to assure safe and efficient healthcare practices.
- Partnering with regional and national foundations to support and advocate for patients and their families.
The Pediatric Rheumatology fellowship training program at CHAM has been accredited since July 2008. Trainees have been consistently recruited from top institutions across the US, with 100% board pass rate and 100% of fellows securing their top choice in faculty placement upon graduation.
Our program provides trainees with a comprehensive experience in all aspects of pediatric rheumatology, including clinical services, medical education, quality improvement and research methodology. We strive to create an inter-disciplinary learning environment with exposure to a combined pediatric rheumatology-nephrology lupus clinic, musculoskeletal ultrasound and elective time in various subspecialties. Educational opportunities exist for formal training in research methodology (MS, MPH).
We are looking for qualified candidates who:
- Have completed a residency in a Pediatrics or Medicine/Pediatrics program and currently board-eligible or board-certified in Pediatrics.
- Have successfully completed USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to caring for the underserved.
- IMG candidates are eligible, as Montefiore sponsors J-1 and H-1B visas.
Interested candidates should send a personal statement, CV, 3 letters of recommendation (including a letter from a residency program director) and USMLE transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*At Montefiore, we welcome applicants from diverse racial, ethnic, color, national, cultural, religious, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, visa status and life experiences backgrounds.
Dawn M. Wahezi, MD, MS
Division Chief and Fellowship Program Director, Pediatric Rheumatology