Suzanne Reed, MD
Chair (2023-2025) Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio State University
Sara Multerer, MD
Vice Chair (2023-2025) University of Louisville
Mackenzie Frost, MD, MEd
Past Chair (2023-2025) Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
The Assessment Learning Community is a group of program directors, associate program directors, coordinators, and other educational leaders seeking to improve assessment practices for trainees, faculty and programs. We welcome newcomers and returning members alike.
The Assessment Learning Community has three working groups:
- Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs), focused on activities to prepare the APPD community for eventual EPA use in board certification decision-making
- Recruitment, focused on activities to drive best practices in assessment of residency and fellowship applicants
- Equity in Assessment, focused on activities to build knowledge and practice around equitable assessment of learners
Our Learning Community has three main goals:
- To engage and develop members through project-based working groups.
- To promote research and scholarship through the study of processes and procedures in the project-based working groups.
- To foster leadership and collaboration through partnerships with other Learning Communities.