February 12, 2023
How to Nominate
Nominations Currently Closed
In 500 words or less, include the following in your nomination letter:
- Name, title and program of nominee.
- State their length of time in educational leadership.
- Provide example(s) of innovation or innovative techniques used in their program.
- Include link(s) or visual example(s) to show why this person is innovative.
- Provide additional considerations for the selection committee's review.
- Name and title of person nominating and professional exposure to nominee (areas or domains from which you gathered data to make the nomination).
- Name and title of second to nomination.
- Include CV or educational biosketch of nominee, if available to you.
This is open to all current and former APPD members. However, a current, sitting member of the deliberating body is not eligible for nomination.
The Walter W. Tunnessen, Jr. MD Award for the Advancement of Pediatric Resident Education honors an APPD member (past or present) for extraordinary or innovative contribution(s) in pediatric graduate medical education at a national level through APPD.
2022: Michael Pitt, MD
2021: Erika Abramson, MD
2020: Robert Vinci, MD
2019: Susan Guralnick, MD
2018: Patricia Hicks, MD, MHPE
2017: Ann Burke, MD
2016: Janet Serwint, MD
2015: Daniel C. West, MD
2014: Javier Gonzalez del Rey, MD, MEd
2013: Nicole Paradise Black, MD MEd
2012: Greg Blaschke, MD, MPH
2011: Martha Wright, MD, MEd
2010: Benjamin Hoffman, MD
2009: Joseph Lopreiato, MD, MPH
2008: Robert McGregor, MD
2007: Julia A. McMillan, MD
2006: Theodore C. Sectish, MD
2005: Gail A. McGuinness, MD
2004: Carol Carraccio, MD