The Association of Pediatric Program Directors Trainee Research Award is awarded annually for outstanding educational research presented by a trainee (medical student, resident, chief resident or fellow) during the national APPD Spring Meeting. This award is designed to encourage pediatricians in training to pursue careers in medical education. Winning candidates are selected based on the quality of work presented in the abstract.
- Trainee (medical student, resident, chief resident or fellow) must submit and present the abstract prior to the completion of training (residency, chief residency, or fellowship). Work completed during training, but submitted after training is completed will not qualify for this award.
- The first-author must be identified as a trainee by checking the “first-author is trainee” box in the APPD abstract submission program.
- The APPD Trainee Research Award online application must be completed.
- The Research must be sponsored by an APPD member, as indicated in the submission process. The role of the trainee as a key member of the team who authors the research must be verified by the APPD member who is the sponsor.
- The Abstract and supplemental materials (APPD Trainee Research Award application and Letter of Support) must be received by the APPD abstract submission deadline.
- The trainee’s abstract must be accepted for presentation at the APPD Spring Meeting to be considered.
- The trainee must present the abstract at the APPD Spring Meeting.
The 2021 APPD Trainee Research Award recipient is:
Annie Gula, MD
Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania
Joshua Belfer, MD
Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Cohen Children's Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
Madhuri G. Dave, DO
Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
Lisa Rasmussen, MD
University of California - Davis
Francis J. Real, MD
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center/University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio State University
Jennifer Wild, MD
University of Washington/Seattle Children's Hospital