APPD Policy on commercial support
(Adopted June, 2007 - Revised 9/25/09 - Revised 11/20/09)
As a provider of high quality continuing education through our meetings and other products, the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD), has always been and will continue to be dedicated to providing an unbiased and balanced approach to continuing education. Educational grants from pharmaceutical companies, if any, are accepted only with the understanding that:
- All grants have to come through the APPD office and will be put in an educational fund.
- APPD has complete control over the determination of topic, faculty and content;
- Educational grants are not for the purpose of promoting any product;
- APPD does not permit presentations by sales representatives associated with funding; and
- APPD will acknowledge contributions to the unrestricted educational fund and will not put individual pharmaceutical companies' names on any specific products or materials.
APPD is the central organization and this policy applies to all aspects of the organization,
including national and regional.