Faculty Position – General Pediatrics (80-100% CalMedForce)
The Department of Pediatrics at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA, is seeking a full-time faculty member at the Assistant or Associate Professor level for a position in General Pediatrics. Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is a large academic health center with a level I trauma center located in the South Bay of Los Angeles County and serving a population of 1.5 million. The successful applicant will join the Division of General Pediatrics and serve our patients and provide teaching and mentoring for our pediatric residents. Successful applicant will be employed by the Lundquist Institute at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center campus and will receive a faculty appointment with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Applicants must be board-certified and have at least 2-3 years of outpatient pediatric experience following residency. Responsibilities will include:
- 2 half-day continuity clinic supervising residents
- 4-6 half-day general pediatric practice supervising Family Medicine and/or Pediatric residents and seeing own patients.
- 1 day reserved for administrative/academic needs
- Mentor residents throughout the year
- Provide resident lectures/didactic/conference teaching.
- Seek to lead change in our pediatric clinic to provide trauma-informed best practices
- Participate in Adverse Childhood Experiences quality improvement initiatives
- Provide staff training regularly to promote trauma-informed care & communication
- Supervise and coordinate clinical social worker and clinical psychologist and their work in resident continuity clinic towards goal of providing education to residents and services for patients
- Board certification by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Experience working with at-risk populations preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in an organizational structure related to clinical care.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications. Salary is enhanced by an attractive benefits package that includes professional liability coverage and a collegial, friendly, and SoCal relaxed work environment. Harbor-UCLA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Lucinda Santos, Administrator
Sylvia Yeh, MD