The University of California Davis pediatric residency program is looking to fill a PGY-2 position to start July 1, 2021. We are an ACGME-accredited pediatric residency program with 39 residents (13 residents per level of training). UC Davis serves a large geographic area including most of Northern California, Western Nevada and Southern Oregon. Our patient population reflects the rich ethnic and racial diversity of the area. We are an innovative program whose mission is to train outstanding pediatricians who will serve as leaders in their communities and their profession. We realize that every resident is unique and look forward to working with you to tailor your residency experience to help prepare you for your future career goals, whether in general pediatrics, academic pediatrics, or subspecialty pediatrics.
Our program aims are:
- Develop the skills, knowledge, and experiences to serve as leaders within their community and their profession through completing a Scholarly Project during residency in any of 4 focus areas: research, community advocacy, quality improvement and patient safety, or medical education.
- Develop lifelong learning, critical thinking, and evidence based practice skills needed to be outstanding pediatricians through clinical experiences and didactics such as Morning Report, Case Management conference, Journal club, and 3rd year resident presentation of Grand Rounds.
- Develop community health advocacy skills needed to demonstrate compassionate, culturally sensitive care and advocate for underserved communities through our required Community Health Advocacy rotation and working with underserved communities, including continuity clinics at Federally Qualified Health Centers.
To apply, please email the required documents listed below to Laurel Sorenson at email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
- Letter of interest stating your reasons for leaving your current program and interest in the UC Davis pediatric residency program.
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 letters of recommendation. One letter must be from your current Program Director which verifies that you are a PGY1 in good standing, you are expected to complete 12 months of training by June 30, 2021, and you have the support of your current Program Director to apply for this position. The letter should include a list of your completed rotations and summative Milestone evaluations.
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE or Dean’s Letter)
For more information, please visit our website: https://health.ucdavis.edu/pediatrics/education/residency.html