This position requires a Board Certified specialist in Pediatrics Infectious Disease who is also Board Certified in General Pediatrics. He/She will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- work in BronxCare, providing care to an urban underserved, under privileged including minority population, within the catchment area in the South and Central Bronx, served by the Department of Pediatrics.
- serve as an attending providing primary care to HIV-infected children, teenagers and young adults.
- serve as a specialist providing specialty care to HIV-infected children, teenagers and young adults.
- provide consults to all departments and divisions in BronxCare in need of services by a Pediatric Infectious Disease specialist, including but not limited to the following areas.
- Pediatric in-patient floor
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Pediatric clinics, including satellite clinics under BronxCare
- Other areas as required by BronxCare
- assume clinical responsibilities in our Travel Medicine Clinic/Program.
- participate in all activities as required by the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics and the BronxCare Medical Board, including, but not limited to Resident Education, Quality Assurance and Joint Commission activities, among others.
**Academic background to oversee the Pediatric Grand Rounds Program is preferred.
**Academic background to oversee the Pediatric Resident Research Program for first, second and third year residents and assume mentoring responsibilities is preferred.
Please send resumes to Peter Sherman, MD, MPH
Chair of Pediatrics at email@example.com