BronxCare Health System, a major teaching hospital and health system, now has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Pediatric Hospitalist. We are seeking a highly motivated, board certified pediatric hospitalist interested in working with an inner-city, urban community hospital serving an underserved population. We see many complex and challenging pediatric cases. We also have available services from many pediatric subspecialist. This position includes pediatric inpatient coverages, newborn nursery coverage, and some outpatient/ambulatory coverage.
- Coverage of our 20 bed inpatient unit with availability by phone after hours.
- Supervision of the resident floor team and medical students (from Sinai and other schools).
- Working with nursing staff, social worker, child life specialist and billing staff in providing inpatient care.
- Nursery coverage Monday-Friday on a rotating schedule.
- Participation in the department’s academic agenda including; Grand Rounds, M&M conference, QI, and resident and medical student didactics.
- The opportunity to mentor resident research projects.
BronxCare Health System is a large community hospital serving the South Bronx. The Department of Pediatrics includes: inpatient unit; PICU, newborn nursery, level 3 NICU and 4 OPD clinics. As an academic center teaching involves our 44 residents, as well as medical students. The department has an active research agenda as well as multiple grant funded programs.
We are affiliated with Levy School of Medicine of Mt. Sinai Hospital and offer academic appointments appropriate to academic credentials.
We offer a competitive compensation package with a value-based incentive bonus and CME support.
- A robust health insurance
- A retirement package
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- CME funding
- A generous vacation and CME schedule
Qualified candidates can send their resumes to Savita Manwani, MD, Chief Pediatric Hospitalist at firstname.lastname@example.org