As part of the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (MSU CHM) Flint, Mich., Campus, Hurley Children’s Hospital is seeking a caring, compassionate, experienced pediatric endocrinologist to join the Hurley Children’s Hospital Endocrinology Service. The individual will have opportunities for leadership roles, as well as responsibility for treating infant, child and adolescent patients with endocrine disorders, such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, early onset of puberty, delayed puberty, growth hormone deficiency, Turner syndrome, tumors, etc. With Hurley Children’s Hospital hosting a pediatric residency training program in affiliation with Michigan State University-College of Human Medicine, the individual will be appointed as faculty, assisting in the training of both resident physicians and medical students.
- Outpatient and consultative inpatient care for diabetes and endocrine patients
- Multi-subspecialty clinic providing care for complex medical conditions
- Eligible for academic faculty appointment from MSU CHM at a rank commensurate with qualifications
- Opportunity for Research
- Award-winning technology – physician-friendly EMR system
- H1-B candidates accepted
- Collegial atmosphere: Small enough to form meaningful work relationships with learners and colleagues and large enough to provide interesting cases and opportunities to make a difference.
- Clinic location: Our children’s clinic sits atop the Flint Farmers’ Market, providing access to fresh produce, bakeries, restaurants, shopping, and pleasant walking paths. The nearby Flint Cultural Center is befitting for the one-time largest General Motors complex in the world. And two Big Ten schools have locations within walking distance of the clinic as well: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine-Flint and University of Michigan-Flint.
- Flint/Genesee County area: Quick access to hiking, camping, boardwalks, ziplines, swimming, skiing, boating, biking, golfing, sporting events, recreational sport teams, orchards, dairies, movies, theater, concerts, festivals, and stress-free travel, thanks to Flint’s Bishop International Airport, one of the easiest airports to use in the Midwest.
- Education hub: The University of Michigan-Flint, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine-Flint, Michigan State University School of Public Health, Kettering University, and Mott Community College are clustered in the city.
- Wellness focus: Hurley offers free 24/7 fitness areas on the premises, lactation rooms, and other well-being amenities.
About Hurley Children’s Hospital and Pediatric Clinic:
Hurley Children’s Hospital at Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich., is affiliated with Michigan State University (and other top universities in the Midwest). The 443-bed tertiary-care public hospital serves as the primary training site for Hurley/MSU College of Human Medicine pediatric residents and Flint-based medical students and is the care-referral site for mid- and northeastern Michigan, with a catchment area of more than 1 million people. Hurley has been providing services to the greater Flint and Genesee County areas since 1908 and is recognized as the undisputed leader in caring for babies and children in the entire upper quadrant of Michigan’s lower peninsula.
As a Children’s Hospital at Hurley Medical Center and a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, our employes work with highly regarded colleagues, helping children who need the highest level of care. Only Hurley provides the region’s highest level of care in:
- Level 1 Adult Trauma Center
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Center
Hurley has the region’s only Burn Center, Hernia Center of Excellence, Children’s Emergency Room, Pediatric ICU, Pediatric Hematology Oncology Program, Pediatric Sickle Cell Clinic, Emergency Room with Fast Track for Seniors, Geriatric Facture Center.
Contact: Jim Buterakos, Chief Academic Officer, Hurley Medical Center, 1 Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI 48503
Pediatric Residency Program website: https://education.hurleymc.com/gme/residencies-and-fellowships/pediatrics