The University of Hawai`i Pediatric Residency Program is seeking a Pediatric Chief Resident for the July 2023-June 2024 academic year. Our close-knit program has 8 residents per year, and as a Chief Resident you would be overseeing our 24 residents at our main clinical teaching site of Kapi`olani Medical Center for Women and Children in Honolulu, Hawai`i.
Responsibilities would include:
- teaching medical students and residents.
- creating schedules for our residents.
- assisting with program administration.
- serving as a liaison between the residents and the program.
- providing clinical coverage during our residents’ weekly Academic Half Days.
- participating in recruitment and selection of our 2024 intern class.
- designing and implementing educational activities and resident retreats.
- organizing and facilitating Morning Report three days per week.
Additional benefits and opportunities would include:
- board study time.
- professional development opportunities available through medical education and simulation courses offered at the medical school.
- the ability to further hone clinical skills in our clinics, wards, heme/onc unit and nursery as desired.
- mentorship from program and department leadership.
- the ability to establish self in the community as a potential future pediatric provider.
Requirements for this position include:
- M.D. or D.O. degree from a medical school of recognized standing.
- Board certified (within 7 years) or an active board candidate for certification in Pediatrics.
- Must have a have Hawaii Medical License by date of hire.
- Completion of a standard ACGME accredited residency program in Pediatrics.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching/research/scholarship.
- Demonstrated ability in patient care and strong medical knowledge.
- Demonstrated poise, diplomacy and professionalism in meeting and conferring with others.
To apply for this position, please send the following to the Program Director, Dr. Jennifer Di Rocco at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position
- Letter of Recommendation from your current PD, and/or 3 references