Harbor-UCLA Pediatric Community and Medical Home Physician
Outpatient general pediatric position
12 month funding with the following goals/purposes:
• 50-60% time in direct general pediatric care for underserved populations
- Supervising residents in continuity clinic (minimum 2 half-days/week)
- Possibly rotate with our Child Abuse Physicians in HUB (2 half-days/week)
• Creation and involvement in projects to address the needs of our underserved patient population/community
- Identify needs and structures to transforming pediatric clinic to meet model of Medical Home
- Parenting education – to encourage bonding and strengthen resiliency against Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Work with Case Manager, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Social worker to connect families with resources
• Recognize, assess and address community needs via QI projects, community education, networking with key stake holders. Mentored research opportunities in these areas.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is a tertiary care Level 1 Trauma Center located in Torrance, CA, and is dedicated to providing exceptional emergency, acute and preventive care to the underserved in Los Angeles County.
Apply via the Lundquist Institute at:
Lucinda Santos, Administrator
Sylvia Yeh, MD