We are looking for a caring and compassionate, experienced pediatric hematologist oncologist to direct the Hurley Children’s Hospital Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Service as well as participating in the diagnosis, care and treatment of children with cancer or blood disorders. The individual will have leadership responsibilities for the program, as well as being responsible for treating infant, child
and adolescent patients with cancer and hematologic disorders, such as leukemia, lymphoma, sickle-cell anemia and hemophilia. With Hurley Children’s Hospital hosting a pediatric residency training program in affiliation with Michigan State University-College of Human Medicine, the individual will be appointed as faculty assisting in the training of both residents and medical students.
- Applicants must have an MD or DO degree.
- The successful candidate must hold current certification in Pediatric Hematology Oncology from the American Board of Pediatrics (or be Board-eligible), and must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Michigan and medical staff privileges at participating institutions.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience in the delivery of pediatric hematology and oncology care.
- The successful candidate must have an interest and experience in an academic setting.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Good observation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the field and ability to remain up to date.
- H1B Visa sponsorship is available. Full-time employment opportunity.
- Inpatient and Outpatient service; alternating outpatient and inpatient with another full-time pediatric hematologist oncologist.
- Inpatient attending and consult service in one-week blocks.
- Fully staffed outpatient clinic and infusion center within Hurley Children’s Hospital.
- Teaching of MSU medical students and pediatric residents.
- Federally funded hemophilia treatment center.
Contact Information/How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae to Danielle Jones, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The highly competitive compensation and benefit package will be discussed during and after the interview.