The Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) Fellowship Training Program at the Stanford University School of Medicine has an open position for this coming academic year, starting July 2023.
We are an ACGME-accredited program with over 10 years of experience delivering fellowship training. Fellows in our program develop competencies in the areas of Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-based Learning and Improvement, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Professionalism, and Systems-based Practice. The program is designed to prepare fellows to become recognized leaders in the field of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) based on their exceptional clinical skills, cutting-edge research contributions, outstanding education and training skills, and/or effective advocacy for children and families. The program assures that the fellows receive requisite training in all clinical areas and customizes the activities to meet the needs and interests of individual fellows. J1 visa holders are eligible to apply to our fellowship training program.
To date, all Stanford DBP fellowship program alumni continue to work in the arena of maternal/child health. All engage in clinical work, and many sustain scholarship endeavors addressing the broad range of DBP care.
Why DPB at Stanford?
- A strong, multi-faceted curriculum includes clinic, classroom, and community experiences.
- A committed faculty demonstrate national and international leadership.
- We serve an extremely diverse patient population in the San Francisco Bay Area, which includes medically underserved families.
- Partial funding for the program comes from the Maternal Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Public Health Service.
- We provide opportunities to co-create a fellowship that meets the individual’s unique interests, priorities, and experience.
- Research training is an important focus of the program and is an opportunity for fellows to develop their clinical research skills and increase their abilities to contribute to the scientific base of DBP.
- Fellows in this program participate fully in the Core Curriculum for fellows in the Department of Pediatrics.
- Wellness programming for fellows is offered by the Division and Department.
For more information, please visit: https://dbpeds.stanford.edu/education/dbp-fellowship.html
For inquiries, please contact: